Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm A Twit Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Fail Whale

Those birds caught a whale. Greenpeace is going to be pissed!



Ok, so when I first heard of Twitter I thought it was the most idiot thing to come down the pop culture pike since American Idol. In fact, I signed up there solely to make fun of the whole idea of Twitter. I would twit messages like "I am updating my Twitter account," or "Twitter...When you absolutely, positively MUST tell people you've never met that you'll be at Bennigan's on Tuesday night."

Then I actually started taking the idea of Twitter seriously. Before I know it, I was a twitterer...er. Now, I'm checking in a couple of times a day to let the masses know what I'm up to. I'm twittering from my cell phone while at work, or while watching tv, or while at Barnes and Noble. Yesterday, I was twittering my observations of the latest episode of 24 while sitting in front of my TV.

Make no mistake, I am just as disgusted with myself as you all are. Yet, I have to admit that Twitter has become my crack (which, I guess is a whole lot better than crack being my crack). For what it's worth, it's pretty fun to type silly, random observations a handful of times during the day.

One thing is certain, though. I will NEVER be "down" with Facebook

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Facebook! This after I said I would never join. I haven't tried Twitter yet. I don't really get it, but I don't need another thing to get addicted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know who you are anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I'm with you. I jumped off the Facebook bandwagon for several reasons, and I keep fighing the Tweet temptation. But my blog (and reading those of others) is enough of an addiction right now.

    Nice work, Judge Fudge! Glad I found you (thank to Chrissy).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have followers!Now all I have to do is buy a plantation in Guyana and about 800 gallons of Kool Aide. I'm pretty sure I can get the Kool Aide for about 5 bucks at Price Club....

    ReplyDelete